Clean your Berber carpet: 9 things to know
You wonder how to maintain your Berber carpet to continue using it and extend its life, and especially how to clean it without damaging it. Here are our tips to know that your hand-woven Berber carpet is as splendid as the first day. These tips are especially useful for cleaning the Beni Ouarain and Berber wool carpets are the most fragile especially when they are white.
1. Do not wait to stain the carpet to clean it. With regular but infrequent maintenance with the vacuum cleaner, the dust does not have time to accumulate and become embedded. Avoid the use of a vacuum cleaner too powerful, a brush is enough even for the thickest and fluffy.
2. When brushing or vacuuming, it is normal for the carpet to lose excess wool in the form of small stuffed animals. The trick is to suck without scrubbing or brushing with a hard brush, as it pulls out the weakest wool strands that are also the softest.
3. You want to completely avoid the use of the vacuum cleaner, you can simply return your Berber carpet and trample it. By leaving it in this position for 2 to 3 days, the dust will naturally settle on the ground by gravity effect.
4. In case of visible stain caused by a small accident (coffee, chocolate, sauce), the Berber carpet requires immediate action. You must first absorb the excess by sponging, then try to remove the stain visible with Marseille soap or special wool very diluted in warm water by making smooth and regular movements with the help of smooth cloth and flexible. Let dry in the sun
5. For the most stubborn tasks, do not hesitate to use white vinegar, but just a few drops to always dilute with warm water. The use of detergent must remain exceptional in case of extreme task.
6. As for the drying, prefer it natural in the open air (in the garden, on the balcony or on a window sill). Care should be taken to dry the carpet thoroughly because wet wool has an unpleasant odor. Badly dried, it can turn into nest of moths.
7. Another tip for localized stains, sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the stained part of your carpet, which you then remove with the vacuum cleaner. This will leave your carpet looking new and bright.
8. Do not put your carpet on the machine. Berber carpets are handmade and handmade. They ask for a cleansing with gentleness and delicacy. If necessary, do not hesitate to contact a cleaning specialist who will do it properly.
9. Finally, on average the Berber carpet requires a thorough cleaning every two years. Also to avoid localized wear, change the location of the elements above.
If you have not yet jumped on the side of the Berber carpet, discover our wide collection of Berber rugs, from Beni Ouarain to Kilim via Azilal and Boucherouite.